Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Ok ok, I know I'm kinda late, but I was in HK and when I got back, was busy delivering pressies to the fam... so this is my very first post of 2009.

More about HK later...

In 2008, I was grateful for many things - for Pi (muaks!), for the fam, for dear friends (you know who you are), for a fabulous new job (and the pay of course!), for many things that I learned along the way, for new experiences, for a new goddaughter (Kayla, I love you!), and many more... Of course there were ups and downs, but looking back, I would say that 2008 was a good year for me. I was surrounded by my loved ones, and although there were no truly significant great events in the year, I was blissfully living every day of my life (ok, almost).

Regrets? Hmm, I could list a few... My nagging knee injury (which is still plaguing me up till today!), bitchy colleagues at work (who have thankfully disappeared), and of course, Project E (but I shall persevere, and I'm sure with Pi by my side, we will succeed in 2009 ;) ).

Looking ahead, I'm not one for new year resolutions, so I'm not going to make any. It's not that I'm not one for planning (those who know me would know that I'm a planner, right down to the smallest details, no thanks to my girl guide training). It's just that if you want something strongly enough, then go for it; you don't have to wait till the start of a new year to put something into action.

But I do have a few wishes I would like fulfilled in the new year - Project E (yes!), getting my left knee all fully recovered (it's showing signs of improvement since my trips to the physio), seeing small O walk down the aisle, and most importantly, spending more time with the fam, for in less than two months, the Empress Dowager will be jetting off down under with Mimi and Nana for almost a full year. I know I will definitely miss those weekly trips back home for dinner... :(

To all my friends, Happy Belated New Year once again!

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet Project E! :) And did the physio manage to pinpoint the problem with the knee? It's good you're finally taking care of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wats project E? i thot it shd be project P or B! lols

    ReplyDelete
  3. ik - it took me a while to figure out who you are, hehe. The doc said it's inflammation of the knee cartilage, and will take a while to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and to both of you, you can put my blog link on your blogs liao, if u want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. already on, din u see? wats that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "yoyoly - E is for Evangelyn... hehe"

    ReplyDelete